Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What I Did Over My Spring Break.


For Spring Break this year I went to Yokoji-Zen Mountain Center in Southern California. I’ve wanted to check the place out for some time. When three friends from Kanzeon told me they were sitting this spring’s Ango there I packet my bags and headed West. Most of the Zen Centers I’ve been to are city centers like Big Mind Western Zen Center in SLC, Still Point in Detroit, and Village Zendo in Manhattan, In fact, a city center model is what Dogo Sensei and I are developing here in Phoenix with Sitting Frog. Now I have sat at more rural centers, like Green Gulch, but this experience was something entirely different. At Yokoji-Zen Mountain Center I felt like I was at a Soto Zen temple of the White Plum Lineage. It is a place where I felt my Zen family ancestors manifesting within the space of the present moment.

And J. baked really good bread.

I'm gong back in April.

Sacred Space
Morning Sun
Block & Bell
The Bread Man
The Bread
The Boys

No comments: