Monday, March 23, 2009

Hey! Ms. DJ

I have known Lindsay Cates as a brilliant music store proprietor as a talented musician in the Phoenix scene as a local promoter of shows as a blogger and as a friend. But Lindsay Cates as a hip DJ??? When I got the text about her gig tonight I knew I had to see it for myself. Now the SideBar is a bit too hip for a guy like me. I don't wear tight jeans with designer hoodies and red canvas shoes very well these days. Lucky for me Luke and Matt from Farwell Review were also there to support their band mate, Lindsay. Ours was the table for guys with facial hair, western denim jackets, and PBR. And so we sat and watched her spin for two hours. She was a powerhouse for great cuts from re-mixed Kings of Convenience to Nouvelle Vague to Hercules And Love Affair to, well, The Rosebuds. I forgot to bring my camera for this historic event (she was the first woman to ever spin at SideBar) but snapped a few with my phone.

The Bar

The DJ
Spinning
NO MORE PICTURES, DAN!
Good Night.

No comments: