Thursday, March 4, 2010

The REAL ZenCowboyS

I have never seen myself as the owner of the moniker “ZenCowboy”. I believe it’s one of those archetypes that was evident the moment Eastern Spiritual traditions hit Southwestern “Lone Cowboy” traditions.
I’m A Zen Cowboy. Not THE Zen Cowboy.

A simple Google search will produce:

At least two Zen Cowboy musicians:
Chuck Pyle
& Jimmie Dale Gilmore.
Michael W. Domis published a Zen Cowboy book:
Ken Wolverton has a Zen Cowboy short story blog:

There is a Zen Cowboy Clothing Company

And a Zen Cowboy Design Company

As I said, there are lots of Zen Cowboys out there. And that’s cool.

BUT right now I am pleased as punch that if you type “zencowboy” into Google, the middle of the screen gives you video results that look like this:
Me and Jeff Bridges side by side as ZenCowboyS!
That’s not just cool, that’s COOL BEANS!